samsung ln52a650

วันเสาร์ที่ 5 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2554

Nikon D100 6MP Digital SLR Camera


I call the Nikon D100 the "VOLVO" of digital SLR cameras. It is safe and rugged, and once you buy one, you cannot buy any other. I bought the D100 about 3 months ago, and after test-driving it for a few months, I have been very happy with it.

Photography has been my hobby for the past 12 years. I am an avid (and loyal) Nikon user, being the owner of the N70, N90, F4, and F5 35mm SLR cameras (yes, I have a thing for Nikon). Therefore, it is almost logical for me to stick with the Nikon brand, and hope that the lenses are interchangeable.

I was quite skeptical about the capabilities of digital cameras, and I never thought digital technology will be able to catch up to film resolution for a while. Until now. I have to say that the Nikon D100 convinced me to take the first steps towards the digital revolution.

Now, I primarily use the Nikon D100, and use my film cameras as back-up. I've only used my film cameras during rainy days, so that my new toy/investment would not get wet.

I've made a brief list of what I noticed about the D100.

Pros:
-instant on
-fast response
-nice fit in [my] hand; very ergonomic
-superb resolution
-default pictures have higher contrast
-compatible with Nikon lenses, especially the Nikor F mount lens
-LCD monitor cover comes with the camera(Thanks, Nikon!)

Cons:
-6MP, compared to the 8MP of the Canon (20D and 350D)
-moire effects
-no firewire connection
-does not properly tag JPEG images with correct color profile; have to use Nikon View software to separate images for full Adobe compatibility

One camera that almost swayed me away was the Canon EOS 20D. I was fortunate to have friends who have these cameras, so I was able to make a head-to-head comparison of the Nikon vs. the Canon, and the pictures and features "side-by-side." The pros and cons of each camera balance each other out, so in the end, it all comes down to personal preference, and what you like or dislike about these cameras.

For me, it was because of loyalty* and investment. I saved a few thousand dollars because my lenses (especially the Nikor F mount lens) are compatible with the Nikon D100 (I was informed that they are also compatible with the D70, but that is second-hand information).

Conclusion: The Nikon D100 is a great camera, which is cheap enough for the amateur photographer, and advanced enough for the professional photographer.

Footnotes:

* Loyalty did not come instantly. Like I said earlier, I have been a photographer (and therefore camera enthusiast) for 12 years, and it took me a few years to appreciate a good camera.
Buy Nikon D100 6MP Digital SLR Camera!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น