samsung ln52a650

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 20 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2554

Canon Digital Rebel XSi SLR Camera Body - Black - Refurbished


First of all, this is a fantastic camera. Worth 5 stars by itself, easily. But this review is going to be about the refurbished XSi specifically. If you want to see a review of the camera's features, go check out the hundreds of existing reviews here: NEW Canon EOS D-Rebel XSi

Quick caveat: I purchased the silver model, not the black one listed here. They are functionally equivalent though, and if anything, the pristine nature of my silver model speaks even more highly of Canon's refurb process, since the silver ones are known to blemish easier than the black ones.

I'll be honest -- I never thought I'd be this excited about the arrival of a D-Rebel! That's nothing against the camera, as I said it's easily a 5-star camera. But I currently own a 40D and a 5D Mark II. I bought the XSi so that I could turn it around and send it off to have converted into a full-time infrared camera. My thinking was that I won't care as much about the condition of the camera since it will have a very specialized purpose anyway. I might as well save some money and get a used or refurb body.

Well, let me tell you what a great job Canon does on their refurbished cameras!

I received the package from Adorama, in a sealed Canon box. It includes all of the bits and pieces that a new DSLR body comes with -- instruction manuals, software CD's, cables, a neck strap, a battery and a charger. All of these items are brand new, in sealed packages.

The camera body itself is an absolute joy. If it wasn't for the small gold "Refurbished" sticker on the bottom next to the tripod socket, the camera would be absolutely, 100% indistinguishable from a new one. It's obvious that any piece that had any signs of use had been replaced with new components. The screen was brand new (and even had that new-electronics-static-cling-protector-thingy on it), and there were zero signs of use on the controls. Mirror box was also spotless and free of dust.

All in all, I can't believe it. What a great deal! It even comes with a 90-day Canon warranty, so you don't have to worry about getting a dead one.

It's significantly cheaper than buying a new one. Based on my experience, I can heartily recommend getting your hands on a refurb model and saving some cash. Just make sure you're getting one like this -- refurbished by Canon, not just cleaned and labeled "refurbished" by a questionable seller.

Many thanks to Adorama, and definitely thanks to Canon for such a fantastic refurb!!

(Also, I took a few photos of the camera in its arrival condition, so please leave me a comment if you'd like to see. I can post them as user images if you're interested.)Buy Canon Digital Rebel XSi SLR Camera Body - Black - Refurbished!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น