samsung ln52a650

วันพุธที่ 26 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Sharp LC 42SB45U - 42" LCD TV - widescreen - 1080p (FullHD) - HDTV - black


I've had this TV around 2 months now and have been very satisfied. I have the following devices hooked up to the TV:

Motorola HD-PVR for cable
Magnavox Blu-ray Player
Wii game system

I may eventually run a cable to my PC as well for steaming video. The video quality is really good, especially at the 1080i/p range. SD looks pretty good and standard TV signals aren't bad but noticeably inferior to HD or SD. This is just something you have to tolerate in this price range as the TVs with really good native HD upconversion are still pretty expensive.

The only negatives that I've really found are:

1. The built-in speakers are pretty cheap sounding but would probably be adequate for a small room. This is a non-issue for me since everything goes through my surround receiver anyway. My TV's volume is always set at "0" even before this TV.

2. There is noticeable light in the corners which is obvious when you have the lights turned down and the corners are showing black - such as watching a movie with a high aspect ratio. Not a deal-breaker by any means but just a minor irritation for me.

3. Not really a fault of the TV (more of a compatibility issue with a third party remote), but when using a Harmony remote, only a few of the direct input buttons work. The TV's remote uses multiple "input" button presses to change the input. The Harmony database for this TV came up with direct input buttons so it doesn't have to scroll but only three of them work. These are (1) set of standard RCA inputs and (2) HDMI inputs. This worked out fine for me because my PVR and Blu-ray are hooked up through HDMI and my Wii is using the RCA inputs (I had to scrap my component Wii cable in the name of simplicity). Of course I could upgrade my surround receiver but it's not worth all that ;-)

The first two issues are why I give the set only four stars instead of five. Like I said, the third issue is more of an issue with the remote and the fact that the Harmony still gives more functionality than the original remote kind of nullifies this complaint.

Overall, for the money, this is a great TV and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.Buy Sharp LC 42SB45U - 42" LCD TV - widescreen - 1080p (FullHD) - HDTV - black!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น