samsung ln52a650

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 3 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

Toshiba REGZA 26LV67 26-Inch LCD HDTV with DVD Player


Toshiba makes two nearly identical 26 inch LCD TV/DVD player combos. The 26LV67 and 26LV47. The 67 model lists for $50 more, and as far as I can tell the only difference is that the spec sheet for the 67 lists "CineSpeed" as a feature, which means that the response time is below 8ms, while the 47 model does not list this feature, which would suggest that the response time is slower. However, in reviewing the spec sheets for all of the Toshiba models, it did not look like they had been created by the same person at the same time, so this may have been an oversight.

I wanted the best TV I could get, so I went for the 67. It was very difficult to locate, but Amazon had it through a retailer called ANTOnline. I went ahead and ordered, but what I got was the 47 model. It was only a few days before Christmas at that point and the TV was a gift for my wife, so I was not going to return it. Also, the box carried a big CineSpeed logo on it, so now I was really confused. I called Toshiba directly, but their CSR had no more information than I did about what might be the difference between these two model numbers. I am still confused and would be fascinated if somebody could explain to me why Toshiba makes two units that are so similar that even their own reps can't figure out the difference.

Anyway, I hooked the TV up on Christmas day and everything worked great. I screwed the coaxial cable in from the cable company, plugged it in, and it looked beautiful. I scanned for stations and it found a few I had never seen before, including a couple of HD channels coming over the airwaves. DVDs look absolutely gorgeous. It is also very easy to scroll between screen modes if you want to change how the TV handles 4:3 signals. There is a mode that lets you take a 4:3 signal that is letterboxed and have the picture fill the entire screen with no black around the edges. I am very satisfied with the TV.

Also, ANTOnline was pretty good about the error. They responded within a few hours to my e-mail and at my request refunded me the difference between their price for the two models, which was about $17. I would not bother calling their telephone number though, as all they do is tell you to send an e-mail.

Finally, I'd like to mention that my research led me to the conclusion that Toshiba has the best LCD TVs out there with the possible exception of Sony. However, in the past ten years I have purchased a high-end VHS deck, a portable DVD player and a mini DV camcorder from Sony and all have broken within 12-18 months. Having gone 0 for 3 with Sony in the past, I did not even consider Sony for this purchase.Buy Toshiba REGZA 26LV67 26-Inch LCD HDTV with DVD Player!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น