samsung ln52a650

วันเสาร์ที่ 20 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

SONY KDF60XBR950 60-Inch LCD Projection TV


Since I have been searching on this issue for about a week now I thought it would be useful to record my experience for those of you who might be looking to pick up one of these sets used.

For almost 5 years (this December) our 60XBR950 has performed admirably with good brightness, color, and decent contract/blacks given it is a rear projection LCD. Up to a couple of weeks ago I would have given it high recommendations, and in fact picked up a smaller version of the same set for my in laws just over a year ago.

However, as I have found out personally and via some internet searching this set and its cousins have some quality issues with regard to the optical block. I noticed a few weeks ago while watching a football game that the center of the screen was slightly grayer than the rest. This problem has progressed a bit to the point where I am seeing:

1. A definite fade in colors in the center of the screen. I believe it is the green LCD but haven't put a green-only image on the screen to check this out.

2. When my Vista Media Center menus are on the screen for an extended period of time I get some blue streaking through subsequent video. This tends to fade after a bit. Note that I never saw this before so it may be related to issue #1.

The good news in all of this (hopefully) is that I purchased a 5-year extended warranty on the set when I got it back in 2003. This was through Tweeter, which isn't in business in my area anymore, but is still around elsewhere. I am digging out the receipt this weekend and hopefully they will be able to take care of me. It is not clear whether Sony's extended coverage of the set applies to me, and I have also seen reports that they tend to replace your old optical block with a refurbished one that may or may not have other problems....Buy SONY KDF60XBR950 60-Inch LCD Projection TV!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น