samsung ln52a650

วันอังคารที่ 2 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

Westinghouse SK-32H590D 32-Inch LCD HDTV with Built-In DVD Player


I bought a SK-26H590D refurbished from Buy.com on 11/29/08. I used it for a week, and then the TV display became garbled and the TV wouldn't respond to any buttons. I had to unplug it. I tried it again and it worked for 4 minutes and then the same thing happened. So, I called Westinghouse support, and they said I would have to send the unit back *at my expense*.

It took two months to get a replacement TV. On the plus side, the unit they sent is a SK-32H590D (I assume because they didn't have any 26 inch refurbished sets available) Now I noticed that the DVD player doesn't resume. According to the user's manual, when the stop button is pressed once, and then the play button is pressed, the DVD player will resume. This does not happen. The manual also states that if the stop button is pressed twice, the resume point will clear.

According to D. Trotter below, there's a setting in the DVD setup for resume. I don't know what he's smoking, but no such setting exists. There is a setting for auto awake, but that's completely different from resume. I thought it might be a firmware update, but I cannot get to the firmware updates page. After I enter my serial number, the web page states that the serial number I entered does not match their records, even though I registered the serial. They were quick to send me an e-mail promoting an extended warranty though.

Pros: Picture Quality although not the best I've seen is acceptable for an LCD TV of this size. Sound is also acceptable. The menu is easy to navigate.

Cons: Reliability, based on my experiences above. DVD player is worthless if it doesn't resume. Channel setup is some what quirky, given that you have to scroll through all the channels one by one to select/deselect. It would have been nice to have a page advance feature.
Buy Westinghouse SK-32H590D 32-Inch LCD HDTV with Built-In DVD Player!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น